Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Daughter's journal...

I have been wanting to make a journal for awhile, and after talking to my daughter about a not nice person at school (don't ya just when kids say mean things to each other?!) decided I should make one for her including pictures of her and letting her know how special I think she is.  Without her knowing, I had her pick out her favorite papers from the April kit at Scrapbook Circle, they happened to be mostly Cosmo Cricket.  Without further adu:
Love, Love the Girl Friday line by Cosmo Cricket!
supplies used: 
pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants
stickers: Cosmo Cricket
jewels & pom trim: Bazzill
pearls: Jenni Bowlin
stamps: unity
rubons: Kaiser
letter stickers: American Craft
printed paper I did myself on the computer
it measures 8x8

She was so cute, I had it on my desk and she happened to be getting one of my pens (of course she has to look and see if there is ANYTHING on my desk that is good!) she said," That journal is cute."  I said," it's for you."  She got the biggest grin on her face.  I think she might like it! :)

4 comments:

Theresa C said...

You are such a wonderful mother! I love the journal.... it's beautiful. It's hard not to want to go beat up those kids that say mean things to our children (ok, maybe just push them down accidentally)lol ... but kudos to you for taking care of the situation in a super positive way! :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Diana! What a great idea.

Stacy Milford said...

Diana...thanks for sharing the link to your blog from Scrapbook Circle! LOVE this journal! So cute...you did a great job! & I am sure your daughter loves it!

Unknown said...

Great job Diana! In the crafty department and in the Mom department!