Saturday, August 15, 2009

Two more cards & a crop

for the ABC crop at My Sketch World:
The challenge for this one was J-jewels. This picture really doesn't do justice to the beauty of the blinginess of this card. I started at the crop last night but it just wasn't flowing the way I wanted so I left it in my bag to percolate....then I remembered I had some PERFECT ribbon. (funny how that works)
supplies used:
pattern paper: Basic Grey
punch: martha
stewart
rubon: american crafts
jewels: westrim
stickles: ranger
flower: handcut
distress ink: ranger
sewing

For this card I was inspired by THIS card by Beatriz Jennings. The challenge was L-lime green and lace. I even used my cricut for the butterfly, it's on the Paper Dolls dress cartridge-the angel wings. My sewing machine was not wanting to cooperate, SO glad I didn't make huge holes into the paper!
supplies used:
pattern paper: basic grey, creative imaginations
stamp: hero arts
butterfly: cricut paper dolls
ribbon: unknown
glittered flower: melissa frances
button: from an extra off one of my shirts :)
antenna-pins: fancy pants
sewing

Last night I was invited to a alumni design team crop for a local store here. It's going out of
business, SO sad and surreal at the same time. They gave me my BIG break, it's sad to see them go. That being said we girls sure had fun laughing and catching up. Good to see you Tina, Rebecca & Julie! Love you girls!
I don't know that I got all that much creating done, but I did get papers cut for another project that I am going to be working on--it's still in the developmental stage so it will be a while--
I need to run have to clean the house and make some cookies! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a productive FUN Saturday!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

The cards are stunning....you are so wonderfully talented....So sad about the store!!!!! We have lost several here and it makes me sad to see how hard the ladies worked to keep these stores up and going....such high overheads and the economy.....makes it tough!!! Glad you girls got to spend some quality time together!!!!

Cathy Bautista said...

The first card is just awesome! So many texture and dimension! Never thought a card can do that. Great job! :)

Stacy Milford said...

Awesome cards Diana! Love them both! Looks like you had some scrappy fun!!!

Sparklinbecks said...

Great seeing you on Friday night! Hopefully we can do it again sooner than last time!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Really gorgeous work!!!