Friday, January 29, 2010

HI! 2 layouts, and couple of "friends"

How are ya? I wanted to share 2 layouts using the same sketch. I think I've explained before that if I have a picture of my kids together I do a page for each of them. A lot of times they are similar in style but not in color. Especially in this case as I was using up scraps from off my desk. I played yesterday and finished up the other this morning. I used another fantastic sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.
I used my expression to cut the circles and letters on one of the layouts.
As you probably have noticed I'm not normally a white space single photo kind of girl, I like lots of pictures and to fill up the page. This white space stuff has made me stretch a little and it's fun!
supplies used:
pattern paper: Basic Grey
cricut: Accent Essentials, simply Sweet
punch: fiskars
letter stickers: pink paislee

I realized, yesterday after seeing it on Rhonna Farrer's blog that I forgot to post that I met her too (she is SO cute and stylish!)! I also met Janet Hopkins (2 of the house of 3), and Stacy Julian. How cool is that?!
I also met Christine from Scrap Time, she has a blog, and a podcast which demonstrates techniques and product. If you have an ipod I highly recommend you subscribe... I was glad to see her a second time. Initially I saw her right when the door opened and had to run another direction, but I did say hi to her. Luckily she took a picture with her camera (much nicer than the one I brought--this is from her flickr account) the second time I saw her in the American Crafts booth--yes, we really liked this booth! they had GREAT chocolate. (a little "secret" that no one tells you is that the majority of the booths has candy out--you know it's exhausting walking around looking at stuff. Anyway, they have candy in little dishes just set out so that you can grab and go)
Okay, for my giveaway...you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the details. I can tell you that it will run for a week and the giveaway involves Glitz! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Super pages! I love those circles...what a great sketch...I may have to give it try too!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Looks like CHA was fun! One day I WILL make it there! *fingers are crossed!*