Saturday, February 20, 2010

FLY--jillibean soup

So this layout had several influences, the sketchy Thursdays sketch for this week (notice I said inspired...), the picture itself and my memories.

Anyway, the butterflies were originally kraft color and I painted on them with a combo of distress ink, water, and liquid pearls. It was REALLY fun! I learned the technique at CHA from Jennifer Mcguire, she used water color paper so the blending was a little better. But I really like the shimmery affect the butterflies have. I'll being a video tutorial here in the next few weeks....
Okay, I LOVE this song:
I know it's not new but lately it's just been so inspiring!

thanks for stopping by this Saturday! We are getting some rain, LOVE it!

4 comments:

Jennifer Yates said...

LOVE this layout! Such a fun technique...can't wait for the tutorial!!! I had never heard that song before. Love Jordin Sparks!

Claude said...

I love your layout, you should apply for their DT, they'd love this!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love your layout! I love Jordin Sparks! My 5 y/o always called that song 'the walking song!'

emelyn said...

What a great photo, too cute! and love that a photo can bring such great memories.