Monday, May 3, 2010

37--Sketch Inspiration, and BLOG HOP

Oh, my goodness have we been BUSY around here! Before sharing some exciting weekend events I want to share my layout based on a sketch from Sketch Inspiration. If you decide you want to participate there is a Scrapbook Circle kit up for grabs! Our design team was asked to create pages based on this sketch:
This is my take:
some closeups:
have I said how much I'm LOVING misting?! I started out with a white piece of paper and knew I wanted to use two of my three colors on this page. I cut out a lace piece with my cricut expression from the Mother's day cartridge and used it as a mask. Then I sprayed away and got this fantastic background. As for the tulle I just scrunched it up and sewed straight across it. I love how that turned out too. Of course I had to add pearls and stickles! When I look at this layout it just makes me happy, FANTASTIC paper and fun memory. This is all (minus the stickles and pearls) from the May kit at Scrapbook Circle.
Speaking of Scrapbook Circle....TOMORROW we will be having a blog hop! There will be more reveals and fun RAKS given away--stick around you don't want to miss out on the fun!

okay, I have some proud moments to share with you....I cleaned the toilet in my bathroom AND the sink AND the shower. If you knew me well you would know these are a few of my LEAST favorite things to clean and it's sort of miracle when they do get cleaned....
BUT that is now what I want to share with you. This past weekend my kids participated in the Hershey's track meet for our city. They all did well--I was VERY proud of them (especially since we only practiced at the track 3 times.) My daughter qualified for the state meet! It's in two weeks.....

alright, I'll end this post now seeing as it is becoming a book. Thanks for stopping by and REMEMBER to stop by again tomorrow for the blog hop!

1 comment:

Jennifer Yates said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout!!! All the details are just perfect! I especially love how close we are in age...although I am older...*sniff sniff* us Aquarius girls need to stick together!
Good luck to your daughter on her track meet!