Monday, May 3, 2010

ScrapbookPal Design Team Entry

I have to tell you my GYPSY and CRICUT EXPRESSION got a great work out. I'm LOVING the combination!
Okay now for my home decor item:
supply list:
all paper: Scrapbook Circle May kit (my mind's eye, October Afternoon, Crate Paper, Glitz)
distress ink: Frayed burlap by Ranger
jewels: prima
button: unknown
frame: dollar tree
glitter glue: stickles by Ranger
Cutting tools: gypsy, Cricut Expression
Butterfly: Hannah Montana Cartridge
label, flourish: Home Accents

I LOVE how this turned out! The papers are all from the May kit from Scrapbook Circle--(excluding the jewels, button and stickles)
The frame I purchased at Dollar Tree for $1--a steal! For this project I removed the glass insert.

Cutting my project:

**For the cutting part, I test drove it through with a scratch paper to make sure that it was at the dimensions I wanted, I didn't want to waste my pattern paper.**

1. The Matte I cut the inner piece at 4 x 6, then measured a scratch piece of paper at 3 x 5 and put it on the back of the pattern paper and sewed around that piece so I would get straight edges.

2. For the next Matte I measure a piece of pattern paper to 2" x 4" and rounded the corners with my corner rounder.

**Because I had done a test cut I knew the area in which each piece would be cut and at what size, I then affixed my pattern paper according to how I wanted it cut.**

3. Using my gypsy I searched for a butterfly I liked, this one happened to be on the Hannah Montana cartridge. (this can be found on page 75 of the manual under pop Princess *shift*) the larger butterfly is cut at 2" x 2.65" and the smaller is cut at 1.50" x 2.01".

4. Again using my gypsy I searched for label it can be found on the Home accents cartridge. (On the manual sheet from going from the left to the right it is 3 down 7 over.) This cuts in two parts I used the inner part to matte my butterfly. This piece was cut at 1.50" x 3.81"

5. Next I searched for a flourish, this was also found on the Home Accents cartridge. (on the paper manual it can be found 3 down 2 over.) This piece was cut at 1.25" x 1.30"

Assembling my project

1. I distressed all the pieces with Frayed Burlap distress ink.

2. I applied glitter glue to the wings of larger butterfly--let dry.

3. I applied pop dots to back of the 2" x 4" piece. And the label cut.

4. I adhered the 2" x 4" piece to the center of the sewn part, then I adhered the label cut to the center of the 2" x 4" piece.

4. Using quick drying liquid glue I adhered the flourish to the bottom of the label cut.

5. Making sure that my glitter glue is dry I adhered the smaller butterfly to the center of the larger one. Then I glued the butterfly to the upper edge of my label cut. I then bent the wings of each up slightly.

6. Lastly I adhered the button using a GLUE DOT. I then applied the jewels which were self sticking.

There ya go! Hope everything was clear, if you have ANY questions please ask. This was a fun little project and my DD fell in love with it when she came home from school. Think it might end up on her wall--she LOVES butterflies!
Thanks for stopping by!

**Everything that is bolded can be found for a great price at Scrapbook Pal. I've told you about them before. They have great items discounted AND free shipping if you spend $25! Pretty sweet if you ask me.**

2 comments:

Love, Carrie said...

beautiful!

:) Carrie

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love all of your little details.