Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baptism day and change

Here is layout number 3 of my 7 from the June kit from Scrapbook Circle:
I've only had these pictures for almost 2 years! I was so proud of myself for FINALLY scrapping them. Do you ever set rules for yourself when you are scrappin' ? Like for instance....I have a bunch of pictures I know I want to scrap, I don't want to trim down, but I know I want to use ALL of them. I gave myself permission to put them in protectors. (The 4 x 6 photo protectors are made by pebbles and are pretty cool. you just slide your pictures in there (the whole dimension 12 x 12 in size) The empty slots you can put your title and journaling--it was quite liberating to know that my pictures were "scrapped" in a different way--still telling the story that I wanted to tell. ANYWAY, that being said here are some closeups of my layout:
I LOVE this paper by October afternoon, I used every scrap. I used the back side for my love birds layout (see post below) But since I knew I REALLY liked this paper I cut out the paper that was right behind the matte.
the rubons, brad, letters, and jewels are from my stash the rest is from the kit.
Change, it's hard sometimes, uncomfortable, and strange other times. Change happens all the time.
I read a quote on my friend Claude's blog the other day that has really struck a cord with me I wanted to share:

Whether you can or you can't YOU'RE RIGHT!

It's true our attitude determines how we experience things. Sometimes it's tough shaking the rain clouds but it is possible!
Thanks for stopping in and reading the ramblings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i cannot believe how many layouts that you made with the june kit, i love all of them!!