Sunday, June 27, 2010

chocolate cake from scratch!

  • I made this cake for Father's day last week. I've been meaning to share this recipe with you now for a week! It's really yummy and if you have all the ingredients on hand a cinch to make! Keep in mind that when you make it, it will have the consistency of pudding but when it bakes it will look like a normal cake. It is however RICH!

  • Hershey's Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
I don't use the frosting they suggest I use another one of their recipes that doesn't require cooking AND it is SO rich and YUMMY! (I have a niece who will just eat the frosting off the cake....cracks me up! means that this frosting is GOOOOD! :) )

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

We are having a quiet Sunday before church, it's sort of nice not having to run somewhere..... Thanks for stopping by! I will have something crafty to share tomorrow, I need to put the finishing touches on something and take pictures of others! Have a Great day!

No comments: