Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween treat bags

I wanted to share with you these fun little treat bags I made using the SOLD OUT Spooky Town Halloween kit from Scrapbook Circle:
I made these last year too, so fun and EASY!  I got the idea from Jennifer Mcguire.....HERE are the bags from last year with the video.  The measurements are 4"x 12", with scoring at 2", 6" & 8"....
 For some closeups: (the spider and frame are from the download for this kit) Sorry the quality of these shots aren't that great but I took them in the morning.  These little bags have already found homes.....


Did you notice these Christmas balls?

Aren't they cool?  I follow the Everyday Cricut blog and they had a video tutorial, you can see it HERE

A couple of things that I've learned from this.  
1. I bought my Christmas balls from Hobby Lobby, they have their Christmas decorations 50% off.  (these that I bought are the small ones)
2. Do you notice the slight rainbow affect?  (It's because they are iridescent and not clear.)
3. make sure your ball is well coated with the liquid. (it's messy if you try to go back over it with more once you have glitter, and it takes most of the glitter from the first coat off.....)
4. You can use normal glitter, but it's heavier and might not stick as well.   both of the above shown balls use large glitter and turned out the best. (I only had one bottle of fine glitter when I first started and realized applied SOOO MUCH easier--and it's MUCH prettier)

I think that's about it on the tutorial.  I'm a firm believer in sharing crafty things and giving credit where credit is due.   Don't we all knowingly or unknowingly look at pages, and things and make them our own?   It's not like they're a secret, and didn't our mommy's tell us we needed to share? :)

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hopefully we can get to our carmel apples today! :)  I'll have to take pictures and share!  Enjoy your Friday!

4 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Wow, wow, wow...do I LOVE these!!! Those balls are AMAZING!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are sooooooooooooooo COOL Diana! I love love love love love love that you used ornaments on them! VERY WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tina said...

I love how you used the mini ornaments! Such a cute idea!

Jennie Blaser said...

These are adorable and I love the ornament touch. You are SO creative and clever...