Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One item wonder--transparency February Scrapbook Circle

Okay, it's FEBRUARY!  Where did January go?!  With a new month brings a new kit from Scrapbook Circle, Happy Days--LOVE it!
 I was asked to feature one product in the kit that might leave you WONDERING what to do with it.  The item is the transparency mine happened to look like this:
It has pretty damasks on it and I wanted those to show, so I used the back of one of the papers that happened to be creme colored and it just made it pop!  I adhered it with glue dots on the spots with heavier printing so that you wouldn't see the glue.
This is a view of the others that *may* be included in your kit.  For a different transparency and technique go check out Heather's blog.  She did an amazing thing flower, she even has detailed instructions.
One more thing I wanted to point out about this layout it the little picture.  I loved it and wanted to include it and make it stand out.  I added pop dots, I am getting SERIOUSLY addicted to using those things.  It's subtle but just enough.
*forgot to mention that this is based off of the Inspired Blueprints sketch you can see it HERE*
 Thanks so much for the visit!  Still catching up with laundry, I went grocery shopping today which EVERYONE was grateful. :)  In fact it was the first thing the kids asked me when they got home! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! My favorite thing might just be the popped up photo but I really like how you used the pretty transparency to frame everything up. Gorgey! Great meeting you at CHA!!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Fabulous layout of your beautiful girl :) Love the little popped up photo!

Jennifer Yates said...

First of all...she is a beauty! I remember looking very awkward at 12! LOL! LOVE your IB layout! Great job with the transparency too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations on having your layout be picked as one of the Club CK gallery highlights! I looked through them today and recognized this one right away! :)
~natalie

http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/blogs/ck_community/archive/2011/02/07/scrapbooking-inspiration-february-7-2011.aspx