Thursday, June 30, 2011

USA and an Echo Park shout out!

I just couldn't help it after I saw THIS I had to make one myself!  I bought the frames 3 1/2" x 5" at hobby lobby (they are half off this week.)  

















I cut my paper (which is ALL October afternoon--Rocket Age, it's included in the new Blast Off kit for Scrapbook Circle.  I LOVED working with it so much I bought some more!).  then with my cricut gypsy cut my letters and star.  The vinyl is actually fuzzy and by silhouette, I misted it with Red apple, it's so sparkly and fun!  I had excess spray so I just flipped my letters up and soaked up more ink.  here's a little closeup of the S:

Do you see the sewn edge?  I put the paper in the frame with out the glass and traced the edge of the frame, then set my sewing machine to sew left of the line.  EASY!
The star is distressed just a little bit to give it an edge.

In other creative news my card Happy day was featured on the Echo Park blog today!  So totally excited--thank you ECHO PARK!

after the vinyl had dried from being misted I placed it on the center of the glass--(yes, it's on the outside.)
I put it all together in under 45 minutes--most of that was drying time, well really I did it this morning and was doing the morning routine with the family.... :)

I hope you have a WONDERFUL long weekend--we plan to hang out with family and swim!  Thanks for dropping in!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is JUST AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

This is such a great project! Love it!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Super cute and congrats on the EP card!

Audrey Yeager said...

Diana these are just FANTASTIC and so easy! I wish my daughter's name were a bit shorther so I could make something like this!!

Jamie Harder said...

How FABULOUS!!! I guess it would take a few more frames if I wanted to do this and spell Canada...LOL Hope you are having a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Lisa Spiegel said...

LOVE that project!