Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

First off wanted to share the cake I made for my mom's birthday.  The stem on the top is actually an ice cream cone I dipped in dipping chocolate.  I made this sort of cake a few years ago frosted and with a face but wanted to do something different this time.  I saw a pin on pinterest that inspired me.
 here is a little closer look:
The green stuff is icing in a can--I am NOT a cake decorator....the frosting is actually Betty Crocker whipped cream cheese tinted with orange food coloring....The recipe for the bundt cake is as follows...it was SOOOO yummy and rich!

Very Chocolate bundt cake
1pkg chocolate cake (Devil's food)
1pkg. chocolate pudding
1 8oz. sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 Cup oil
1/2 Cup Warm Water
8 oz chocolate chips
   
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cake, pudding, oil & water together.  Add sour cream and eggs one at a time.  Finally add chocolate chips.  Bake for 60 minutes.  Let stand 50 minutes to cool then gently shake it out.

This is our lovely pumpkin that the "boys" all carved, I was impressed!  (I was busy making mashed potatoes..)
So I was lucky enough to go to two parties today (they were at the same time!)  We did a little pumpkin rolling race:
 they needed an extra person, umm yeah that would be me!  This is the picture my son snapped as I was standing up that's why I look a little out of it! :)
just wanted to share a little bit of the day and holiday wishes of fun to you!  Hope you have a safe, fun night!  Thanks for the visit!

4 comments:

Claude said...

Great cake!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh that cake is AWESOME!! And loveeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Brilliant cake! I too saw it on Pinterest but the ice cream cone is genious!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Your cake rocks!!!! It came out beautifully--I bet she loved it!