Wednesday, April 11, 2012

German Pancakes

because I'm hungry and I'm thinking about this, I wanted to share one of the breakfasts that I fixed for my kiddos this week:
doesn't look like much but this is SO yummy when topped with fruit and some agave nectar OR syrup.
Recipe:
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla

melt butter in 13" x 9" pan.  Beat eggs well, then add the rest of the ingredients pour in pan.  Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

*I like to blend my ingredients in my blender so everything is smooth.  Occasionally I have to use my spatula to scrap the flour down.*

I've made German pancakes before, but this recipe is different because it has vanilla and it makes the difference--yummy!

Thanks for stopping in today!
credit goes to Stacey Gill for the recipe

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh yum!!! I need to try these!!

Unknown said...

Loots so good! I haven't made German pancakes for years - I think we should make your recipe soon.

Diane Payne said...

My mouth just watered when I saw that photo. Definitely going to try these. TFS!

Rebecca Keppel said...

mmm that sounds yummy! are those the ones that puff up really big? ive seen pics outside of JP Pancakes and wondered how to make them :)