Thursday, July 16, 2015

remembering.

This layout was a long time in coming, these pictures were taken a few years ago at the memorial for my Aunt who had passed away.  It was a special day to celebrate an AMAZING women with my family I don't get to see very often.

I used the  You are My Favorite kit, I fell in LOVE with ALL the pattern papers I wanted to use them ALL!  My problem was that I had already cut a 2 1/4" strip off the side of it.  I thought for a minute and realized that if I turned the paper on it's side I could use the decorative edge on the bottom, and a piece from another sheet in the kit.  I laid the paper down next to a ruler lining it up to figure out the exact length I needed to make the layout a 12 x 12 layout.  I then cut extra so that I could adhere it on the back of the background.  Sound difficult--it really wasn't.  After I had it the size I wanted I cut another thin strip of pattern paper to cover the edge--then I lined my pictures up next to it.

Lastly I didn't want the name of the pattern paper to show so I decided to place my journaling over the top!  I used EVERY scrap of paper--LOVE doing that!

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful layout for these photos, Diana!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the title work!!!!!!