Sunday, August 23, 2015

pinterest food finds. frozen breakfast burritos

This recipe is fairly simple--honestly I did my own thing.  I made my own type of breakfast burrito with what I like to put inside.  My burritos were actually from leftovers of what I made for my kids in the morning.  After assembling  I then froze them--I can tell you these have come in SO handy!  My burritos aren't that large because I use the cook your own tortillas from tortilla land and they are smaller--but this is still a delicious breakfast!


Ingredients

  • 3/4lb bacon (I used a pound of sausage)
  • 12 eggs (I used 5)
  • 1 can of green chilis
  • salt & pepper
  • hot sauce, to taste (didn't use this.)
  • 8 large (8") flour tortillas (mine are like 6")
  • 1/2 - 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I didn't measure I just added to my taste)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup salsa (optional)--I wanted this to be fresh so I didn't add but dipped later.

Directions

  1. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on a paper towel, then chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
  2. Crack eggs into a large bowl, then season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Whisk until well beaten. Heat a large skillet (could use same skillet as bacon) over medium heat, then spray generously with non-stick spray. Pour in eggs and scramble until set, but are still glossy. Remove to a plate and set aside.
  3. Lay tortillas on a clean, dry surface. Divide eggs and bacon between the tortillas, then top with salsa and cheese. Fold over the top of each tortilla, then fold in the sides, and continue rolling to form a burrito. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, then freeze in a large freezer bag.
  4. To reheat: unwrap and discard plastic wrap, then wrap burrito in a paper towel. Microwave for 1-1/2-2 minutes, or until hot.
Inspired by Iowa Girl Eats

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea and YUMMY too!!!!!!!!!